The UNDP Business Supplier Development Programme (SDP) is an initiative geared towards building partnerships with the private sector, in order to diversify the economy, create jobs, and promote the concept of buying locally while connecting globally. The objectives of the programme include; development of the productive capacity of SMEs, improving their competitiveness to become efficient and competitive Suppliers to Buyers, creation of demand-based, market-driven opportunities for SMEs to increase their competitiveness, to connect Suppliers to larger markets (locally as well as abroad), and to strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country.
UNDP Botswana in partnership with Market Players is pleased to announce the UNDP-SDP Rebranding Competition.
Overall, the main objective of hosting this competition is to develop a new brand identity for the UNDP-SDP, which is easily recognizable. The Specific objectives are:
- To develop a catchy, easy-to-connect-to Setswana brand name
- To build a brand logo that encapsulates the essence of the programme
- To develop a catchy tagline for the SDP
- To develop a branding kit for the SDP
- To engage the creative industry in Botswana in the work of the UNDP
- To extend an opportunity for growth to a young Motswana designer
To be eligible for this competition, participants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Motswana: A Botswana citizen or resident
- Be a young person between the ages of 18-35
- Have a qualification in graphic design OR professional experience as a graphic designer or related field
- Must submit ALL documents as per competition rules
HOW TO ENTER
Entries must include the following documents to be considered:
- Curriculum Vitae incl. applicant contact details
- Copy of Applicant’s ID
- Branding Kit in single pdf document inclusive of the following:
- Proposed Brand Name
- Logo design
- Tagline proposal
- Brand manual comprising:
- Brand message – overview of background and key values
- Logo usage – detail of where and how to use the logo including minimum sizes, spacing and what to do with it
- Colour palette – primary and secondary colour palette with colour breakdowns for print, screen and web use
- Typography – application of font to use and details of the font family, default fonts for web use
- Business card and letterhead design – depiction of how the brand and font are to be used for standard company literature
The closing date is Monday 30th August 2021, 1700HRS. Any applications submitted after this time will not be accepted.
MODE OF SUBMISSION
The branding kit must be submitted in PDF format via email to email@example.com with “UNDP SDP Rebranding Competition” in the subject line.
A panel of judges will select the winning logo and the winner of the competition will receive a cash prize of P30,000.00. The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered
TERMS AND CONDITIONS(T&C’s)
- The designs of the presented logos must be the original work of the designer, unpublished and directly created for this competition.
- All the selected projects will be able to be reproduced and shown to the public on UNDP Botswana and Market Players platforms.
- UNDP Botswana will acquire ownership of the winning logo by assignment of copyright, and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation, all other rights related to the design. By submitting a logo for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that he/she is the person that created the logo and is the rightful owner. The designer also certifies that the logo does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
- UNDP Botswana is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these T&C’s. By participating in the Competition, the entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these T&C’s.
- T&C’s are subject to change without notice. Official competition rules are available at our website: https://www.undpsdp.org.bw/undp-sdp-rebranding-competition/